September 10, 2012 - Peace Mix
You may be the slickest rapper in the country, but confidence in how you present yourself can be the difference between wallflower and WOW factor. Branding your look and style can give you the edge over other acts – something we definitely saw with the competition on the Peace Mix Mic Relay was that dressing to impress helped set you out from the crowd!
We asked Michaell from the New Day Foundation to give us some tried and tested tips on how to make an impact. Michaell says: “I saw some great styles on the road with the Mic Relay – one of the most memorable was a girl I met who’s boyfriend had spray-painted an amazing metallic graphic on the back of her black leather jacket. Unique and original, it roared out to me, a true statement that made me stop and stare. Take note of the tips people but always remember to be true to yourself first”.
- Utilise old clothing – you don’t have to buy new, dig around your Nan’s draws, markets and vintage stores
- DIY customise – don’t be afraid to cut, dye and embellish with badges, studs and sequins
- Shout about your individuality – go against the rules, the crowds and stand out as a leader not a follower
- Accessorise, accessorise, accessorise – layer your gold, bracelets and rings and seek out a statement hat, or belt or bag (just don’t wear all three at once)
- Be bold with colour – work a sunset mix with pastels, put a splash of fluorescent or citrus with nude neutrals
- Would what your mate is wearing look better on you? Swap or share, you’ll get an instant new wardrobe. Don’t forget to ask first of course….